Finding the right contractor to handle your foundation repair can prove frustrating and stressful. You’ve spent a lot of hard earned money on your home. In fact, it may be the largest investment you’ve ever made. So you don’t want to hire some random guy- you want a trusted professional.
A company’s website can provide all the information you need to make an informed purchase of services. With that in mind, it’s important to know what to look for when surfing the web in search for your foundation repair services. The following signs should send your running from a company’s website.
1. No testimonials- Plain and simple, you can’t trust a company that doesn’t have positive customer feedback posted on their site. How can you be sure they do quality foundation repair if their customer’s aren’t saying so? A professional contractor with satisfied customers will flaunt their positive reviews on their webpage. If they don’t they probably fall in to one of these categories:
• A brand new company with little experience
• A shady company with lots of unsatisfied customers
• A company that doesn’t really care about their customers
Whichever category they are a part of, you don’t want to deal with them. Move on!
2. It’s all about them- Sometimes you’ll fall across a foundation repair contractor’s website and it will only talk about them. It’s kind of like attending a social gathering where you get stuck listening to that guy that just goes on and on about himself. No matter how you try to steer the conversation, he turns it back around to discuss his accomplishments. Do you want to do business with that guy?
A foundation repair contractor worth your time will be 100% customer focused. He doesn’t care about himself-he cares about how he can help you. Of course, his ultimate plan is to make money along the way, but he does so by making you happy. So if his website reads “we, we, us, we, we, us, we,” leave. Find a company that talks about you.
3. No warranty information- When you have solid warranties, the last thing you want to do is hide them. Foundation repair contractors that guarantee quality work will post it loud and clear on their homepage. As a potential customer, you will know from the beginning that if you choose them and something goes wrong… they’ll fix it. They’re a company that stands behind their work and their word. And they want you to be happy no matter what.
4. No Better Business Bureau Logo- The Better Business Bureau logo (BBB) signifies that the foundation repair company is held to a high standard. If they’re a member, you can go to the BBB website and make sure the company is legitimate. If they aren’t, you have no way of knowing if the contractor is trustworthy. » Read more: Signs That You Should Leave a Foundation Repair Company’s Website